Thursday 10 July 2014

Free Motion Mavericks Link Up - Week 6

Pour yourselves a cup of tea everyone, and celebrate the 500th blog post.

Just think, I used to worry that I would run out of things to say.


It just so happens that last week's not so brilliant experiment has ended up as a tweedy tea cosy in fetching pink.




At one point when I was sewing this curved seam it felt as though I was making one half of a rather large woolly bra.  Perhaps I should try my hand at novelty thermal underwear...




... fully insulated with thermal curtain lining.

Thank you to everyone who linked up last week!  

A special welcome to Marly, the first participant from Holland, who showed her Celtic Solstice quilt all finished; Dora had her stars and stripes quilt finished for 4th July; Linda has had her quilt "The Visit" accepted for a show: Gina has worked FMQ into tiny spaces on a gorgeous mini quilt; Hilary has had an interesting and frustrating time quilting on gold fabric; Kathy has shown a great collection of finished projects, including another set of twins' quilts: and Gwyned has done her own interpretation of a Lori Kennedy FMQ design, as well as some wonderful thread painting of autumn leaves.

If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  .
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far bloggers from USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany and Holland have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week!

Linking up today with Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday



9 comments:

  1. oo I'm first. That's never happened before on a linky. Congrats on the 500th post. I've got a few to go to catch up with you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina! I've been first to sign up to linkies in the past, when time zones were in my favour...

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS on your 500th Birthday!!! I feel I should be posting you a cake to go with that tea - or at least quilting something with 500 candles? I hope you are sitting there with a glow of achievement. I have just had a look at my blog - I only have 416 blogs to go to catch up with you! That is A LOT of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary!
      Well I haven't exactly felt 500 today, but I have nipped to the pub to join some friends for a little lady's 91st birthday.
      You'll sew your way to 500, no trouble...

      Delete
  3. Happy 500th blog post!
    I enjoyed your youtube videos about your vintage sewing machines. Thank you for all the tutorials!

    - huyked (on youtube)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Huyked!
      I think I might have a proper little celebration later this year when the Youtube views hit a certain rather large round number.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on 500 posts! Nothing to post as I don't FMQ at the moment, and I can't imagine achieving perfectly symmetrical anything, ever, but if you want to take orders for novelty winter underwear I might place an order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaja!
      No problem with the woolly undies order. I have two pieces of herringbone tweed that will fight marvellously with each other.

      Delete
  5. Love your tea cosy, and congratulations on 500 posts! I may be back soon with a new quilt I'm working on - lots of FMQ on it! But I haven't blogged it yet.

    Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...